By now many countries are probably enjoying summer. Lucky you! Just when the UK summer started showing signs, strong winds blew hard and brought cloud after cloud to us, not to mention rain. At least strawberries started appearing in the shops and this drink will definitely refresh you on a muggy afternoon.
Don’t forget to sign up for this week’s giveaway!
Strawberry & Orange Juice
Preparation: 5 mins Cooking: 10 mins
- 12 strawberries
- 6 oranges, plus 1 for garnish
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) vanilla extract (optional)
- ice cubes
- Remove the leaves from the strawberries.
- Cut the oranges in half and juice them, using a citrus reamer or manual juicer. Place the juice, strawberries and extract in a blender and blend until smooth. Cut the remaining oranges into slices about ¼ inch thick and put them in a pitcher along with the ice cubes.
- Pour the juice through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds and pulp then pour the strained juice over the ice and orange slices. Serve immediately.
- Whatever you do, don’t throw away the fruit pulp. It’s a good source of fibre and I ate mine with a teaspoon – it almost felt like a dessert.
- Freeze some strawberries overnight and pop them in the drink just before serving for dome edible ice cubes that won’t dilute your drink.