Lately I’ve been very lazy in the kitchen. For months on end I have been planning the week’s meals with militant precision and quite simply grew tired of it. All spontaneity has flown out of the window and I got seriously bored and not that excited about mealtimes. That’s it, I said, things are going to change!
Looking thoroughly at the fridge’s contents on a daily basis my creativity began to flow again and ideas came in abundance. Especially in this heat, wraps make a quick and delectable meal.
Cajun Turkey & Mango Tortilla Wraps
Preparation: 5 mins – Cooking: 10 mins
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: 6
- 2 turkey fillets
- cajun spice
- 1 large mango or 2 smaller ones
- 4 tortilla wraps
- salad leaves
- Sprinkle the fillets with Cajun seasoning – as much as you prefer.
- Heat the butter in a large, heavy frying pan. Add the turkey and fry gently for 5 minutes. Turn it over and fry for about another 5 minutes or until cooked. Place on the chopping board and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the mango and cut into long wedges.
- Thinly slice the turkey. All ingredients are now ready, you just need to put them all together.
- Warm the tortilla. In the centre smear 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise along where you are going to put the filling. Place the leaves on top of the mayonnaise, then the turkey and mango. Fold to make a wrap, slice the wrap in half and serve straight away. Repeat the process to make the other wraps.
Take care when frying the meat. High heats cause the Cajun spice to blacken and basically burn the meat.
If you’re lucky enough to own a barbecue, grill the meat on there.
Chicken can be used instead of turkey.