Chicken, leeks, cider, cream and butter. All my favourite ingredients are in this Normandy dish. With these few ingredients it makes a simple and quick, yet delicious, mid-week supper. It’s a refreshing change from Spaghetti Bolognese, don’t you think? Pork can easily be substituted for the chicken. Go ahead and treat yourself.
Chicken & Leeks with a Creamy Cider Sauce
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
Total 30 minutes
Author: Michelle Minnaar
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- 400g (14 oz) boned, skinned chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 210ml (7 fl oz) dry cider
- 2 large leeks, halved lengthways and finely sliced across
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) double cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) snipped chives, to garnish
- Melt butter in a pan and cook the leeks 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces to the leek and fry for 8 minutes, turning them occasionally.
- Season, add cider and simmer for 5-7 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Stir in cream and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chives.
- Serve on a bed of white rice or with pasta.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 24.5g
Saturated Fat 5.5g
Total Carbohydrates 6.6g
Dietary Fiber 0.6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.