You won’t find this magnificent sandwich in any shop or eatery. As I was preparing my sarnie I was questioning whether it didn’t have too many ingredients. Why not just chicken and pear or Brie with balsamic onions? One bite later and all doubts flew out of the window. Best. Chicken. Sandwich. Ever.
Chicken, Brie & Pear Sandwich with Balsamic Onions
Preparation: 10 mins Cooking: None
- 4 thick slices bread
- 10ml (2 tsp) mayonnaise [one per sandwich]
- 10ml (2 tsp) fig or apricot jam
- sliced cooked chicken breast
- Brie cheese (3 to 4 slices per sandwich)
- 30ml (2 tbsp) balsamic onions [one per sandwich]
- 1 ripe pear, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- salad leaves
- Arrange the slices of bread on the work surface.
- Spread the mayo lightly on one slice and the jam on the other.
- Place the chicken slices on the mayo side of each pair, covering the bread. Top with the Brie slices.
- Spread out the balsamic onions over the layer of Brie. Top with pear slices. Add a layer of salad leaves per sandwich.
- Put the jam-covered bread slice on the sandwich, jam side down. Slice into two triangles.
- Serve with a beverage for a simple lunch or with a salad for a light dinner.
- In a pinch, use a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket rather than cooking the chicken breast beforehand.
- Toasting the bread gives a little extra flavour and crunch.