Tropical and tangy, this pineapple chutney recipe is a burst of sunshine in every bite. Perfectly pairs with grilled meats or as a topping for tacos!
- 2 large pineapples, chopped
- 3 red onions, finely chopped
- 2.5cm (1in) fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 250g (1 1/4 cups) brown sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) apple cider vinegar
- 1g (1/4 tsp) ground cloves
- 2g (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 2g (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 11g (1 tbsp) mustard seed
- 10g (1 tbsp) nigella seeds
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Stir the contents over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Crank up the heat and let the mixture reach a boil, then reduce to a steady simmer.
- Continue to cook uncovered for 45 minutes or until the chutney has thickened. Do give it a stir every now and then to prevent the food from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon into hot, sterilised jars. Seal and then let it cool down.
- Label the jars, then let the chutney mature for at least a month before opening. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: pineapple chutney, pineapple chutney recipe, pineapple mango chutney, pineapple chilli chutney, jamaican pineapple chutney recipe, pineapple and onion chutney recipe, spicy pineapple chutney