An ABC soup recipe is Asian and very common in Malaysian and Chinese cuisines. ABC soup stands for vitamins A, B & C from carrots, potatoes and tomatoes.
- 750g (1½lbs) chicken drumsticks
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 potatoes (about 1kg/2lbs), peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 sweet corn cobs, washed and cut in thirds
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground black pepper
- 1.5ℓ (6 cups) water
- 6 spring onions, peeled and sliced
- Place all the ingredients, except the spring onions, in a large pot and bring it to a slow simmer.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Season to taste and serve immediately topped with spring onions.
- This recipe is ideal for a slow cooker. You can cook it on the low setting for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- There are many variations to this dish. Tweak it to your taste, e.g. add more onions for sweetness, or some celery or beetroot to change the flavour.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Malaysian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 7.2g
- Sodium: 140mg
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 44.4g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Protein: 39.5g
- Cholesterol: 110mg