Don’t miss out on this incredible silky peanut butter and jelly ice cream recipe. This American ice cream recipe is incredibly moreish and easy to make.
- 500ml (2 cups) double cream
- 250ml (1 cup) whole milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) + 15ml (1 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 60ml (4 tbsp) Skippy creamy peanut butter
- 200g (7fl oz) strawberry conserve
- Combine the cream, milk and 15ml (1 tbsp) sugar in a saucepan. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 125ml (1/2 cup) sugar and egg yolks.
- Temper hot milk into the sugar yolk mixture, by slowly adding hot milk about 60ml (1/4 cup) at a time, whisking to distribute heat. Once all the milk has been added, transfer mixture back into the saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until mixture reaches nappé consistency, or 80°C (180°F) on a kitchen thermometer. Let mixture sit at this temperature for 5 minutes to pasteurise the eggs.
- Stir in the peanut butter until it’s dissolved. Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes and allow to cool down.
- Freeze the peanut butter custard in an ice cream maker according to your unit’s instructions.
- Once the volume has increased by half and reached a soft serve consistency, transfer mixture into an airtight container.
- Fold in the strawberry conserve to create a marbling effect, place the it in the freezer for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- You can use jam or jelly if you prefer. With the conserve you get chunks of strawberry in the ice cream, which is lush!
- Don’t stir the conserve too much, otherwise it blends in completely with the peanut butter ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 422
- Sugar: 27.2g
- Sodium: 80mg
- Fat: 31.9g
- Saturated Fat: 17.2g
- Carbohydrates: 30.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 247mg
Keywords: peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter and jelly recipe, American ice cream recipe