Make this venison chili and you’ll replace it as your favourite in comparison to the traditional beef chili recipe. A tasty & spicy venison chili recipe.
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1kg (2lbs) venison mince
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 green peppers, washed and chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
- 30ml (2 tbsp) smoked paprika
- 30ml (2 tbsp) paprika
- 45ml (3 tbsp) chilli powder
- 500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 800g (2 cans) chopped tomatoes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
- 5ml (1 tsp) brown sugar
- 450g (1lb) Birds Eye Mexican Bean Mix (red kidney beans, black beans & chickpeas)
- Brown the mince on a high heat in the oil, then remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same dish, gently fry the onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the peppers and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Place the browned meat back in the pan with the vegetables.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the pot and stir well.
- Let the mince mixture reach a slow simmering point and let it bubble away with its lid on for about 90 minutes. Do check for water levels every now and then to ensure the stew doesn’t dry up and burn.
- Serve in a bowl with rice.
- If you want to bulk out the chili, add more pulses to it.
- This recipe freezes well, so feel free to batch cook!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.3 g
- Fiber: 5.4 g
- Protein: 58.2 g