A versatile sauce that can be served with chicken, beef, pork, fish and even pasta.
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 300g (10 oz) mushrooms
- 120ml (4fl oz) sherry
- 120ml (4fl oz) double cream
- 5ml (1 tsp) corn flour
- Melt the butter in hot pan and gently fry the garlic for one minute.
- Add the mushrooms to the garlic and fry them for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Pour the sherry in and cook until reduced to a glaze which will take about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and let the sauce cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, mix the corn flour with 5ml (1 tsp) of cold water in a cup.
- Reduce the heat and slowly add the slurry to the sauce and stir vigorously to avoid any clotting.
- After the sauce has thickened, serve immediately.
- Serve with steak, pork, fish, chicken or pasta.
- Instead of sherry you can use Marsala or Madeira.
- Serving Size: 271.9
- Calories: 406
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 48 mg
- Fat: 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg