If I had my way, I would have my deluxe breakfast every day, or at least every weekend, but alas, it just isn’t possible. Sometimes we are on a diet, don’t have the time, ran out of bacon or just feel plain lazy so we end up eating it about twice a month. Don’t despair, though. There are other options available that takes a tenth of the time to prepare with very satisfying results. These scrambled eggs are so quick to prepare that you can even prepare it on weekday mornings!
Make scrambled eggs with onions and a gorgeous piece of ham. It makes the perfect breakfast recipe. Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with a side of baked beans. Opt for a cheesy topping.
- 30g (1 oz) butter [or 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil]
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g (6 oz) ham, cut in small pieces
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 30ml (2 tbsp) milk
- 4 thick slices of wholemeal bread, toasted
- Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan and add the beaten eggs and milk. Stir with a wooden spoon over a low heat for a few minutes until the eggs are half-set but still quite runny.
- Stir in the ham, spring onions and seasoning. Keep stirring until the eggs are just about set.
- Place a slice of toast on each warm plate and spoon the scrambled eggs on top. Serve immediately.
- Serve with baked beans on the side with a glass of orange juice.
- Cream or butter can be used instead of milk to make the eggs creamier.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cuisine: Michelle Minnaar
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 245
- Sodium: 131.6 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.4 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 13.7 g
- Cholesterol: 425 mg