Make scrambled eggs with onions and a gorgeous piece of ham. It makes the perfect breakfast recipe. Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with a side of baked beans. Opt for a cheesy topping.
- 30g (1 oz) butter [or 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil]
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g (6 oz) ham, cut in small pieces
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 30ml (2 tbsp) milk
- 4 thick slices of wholemeal bread, toasted
- Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan and add the beaten eggs and milk. Stir with a wooden spoon over a low heat for a few minutes until the eggs are half-set but still quite runny.
- Stir in the ham, spring onions and seasoning. Keep stirring until the eggs are just about set.
- Place a slice of toast on each warm plate and spoon the scrambled eggs on top. Serve immediately.
- Serve with baked beans on the side with a glass of orange juice.
- Cream or butter can be used instead of milk to make the eggs creamier.
- Cuisine: Michelle Minnaar
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 245
- Sodium: 131.6 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.4 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 13.7 g
- Cholesterol: 425 mg