This recipe comes with a health warning. Once you take a bite you won’t be able to stop!
I love sweet potatoes. One of my favourite snacks is to switch on the oven, chuck in a few whole sweet potatoes and bake them for 45 minutes or so, while I’m busily doing something else. With great anticipation I’ll remove them from the oven, half them lengthways, drown them in chunks of butter and eat much more than I should. That was until I came across this recipe…
Due to the sweet potato’s high beta-carotene content, I wouldn’t have been surprised if the baby came out with an orange skin, resembling Lindsay Lohan and other fake-tan obsessed Hollywood celebrities. That’s to give you an idea of how many of these chippies I ate during pregnancy… You’ve been warned!
Source: Abel & Cole Cookbook
Download and/or print the recipe! Click HERE.
Spicy Sesame-Roasted Sweet Potato Chips
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Total 20 minutes
Author: Michelle Minnaar
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fat chips
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sesame seeds
- a dash of Tabasco sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/390°F/gas mark 6.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in the oil, sesame seeds and seasonings and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes, till tender within and crisp outside, the sesame seeds golden brown and clinging to the potatoes.
- Enjoy as a snack or as an accompaniment in a main meal.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16.6g
Saturated Fat 2.1g
Total Carbohydrates 15.9g
Dietary Fiber 3.3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.