These chipolatas, served as canapés, are a smash hit at cocktail parties.
- 60ml (4 tbsp) runny honey
- 90ml (6 tbsp) hoisin sauce
- 5ml (1 tsp) sesame seeds
- 900g (2 lb) good-quality chipolatas
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C /400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place honey, hoisin sauce and sesame seeds in a large shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- Unless you have bought cocktail sausages, you’ll need to divide up your chipolatas. Twist each one in the middle and cut in half. Add them to the sticky mixture. When you are happy that all the sausages have a good coverage, tip the sausages and the sauce into a roasting tin lined with foil and cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve them on a nice big plate with a shot glass of cocktail sticks waiting at the side.
These are delicious served warm or cold but be careful not to serve them straight from the oven.If you can’t get hold of hoisin sauce, use barbecue sauce instead.Instead of chipolatas you can glaze normal-sized sausages with the sauce and have them as a main meal.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 281.3g
- Calories: 768
- Sugar: 36.3 g
- Sodium: 871 mg
- Fat: 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.4 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 46.3 g