The perfect Christmas dinner should contain this brussels sprout side dish.
- 1kg (2lbs) brussels sprouts, peeled
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 150g (5oz) bacon, thinly sliced
- 150g (5 oz) blue cheese, crumbled
- 50g (2oz) pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- Peel the brussels and blanch in salted boiling water until tender.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter and fry the butter in it until cooked and golden.
- Add the sprouts to the bacon and toss around to coat all over.
- Place the vegetables in a large serving dish and scatter with blue cheese and nuts.
- You can use any type of bacon in this dish. Pecans can be substituted for walnuts and any blue cheese will do. Instead of butter use chili oil.
- The following types of blue cheese will work well in this recipe: stilton, roquefort, cambozola, cashel blue, danish blue cheese, dolcelatte and gorgonzola.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 229.7g
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 547 mg
- Fat: 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.2 g
- Fiber: 7.8 g
- Protein: 15.1 g
- Cholesterol: 51 mg