This cauliflower and potato soup is vegan and the two ingredients make this soup brilliantly white. You can omit the potato if you like and make it a pure cauliflower soup.
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, weighing about 90g, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small cauliflower, weighing around 400g (1 lb)
- 400g (1 lb), peeled potatoes
- 750ml (1 1/4 pt) vegetable stock
- toasted almonds
- truffle oil
- Sweat the onions and garlic in the oil.
- Add the cauliflower and potato to the pot.
- Pour in the stock and simmer until everything is fork tender.
- Transfer the contents to a blender and process until smooth.
- After dividing the soup into portions, scatter with almonds, chives and truffle oil.
- Category: Starter
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Cuisine
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: Sugars
- Sodium: 37 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.2 g
- Fiber: Dietary Fiber
- Protein: 4.5 g
Keywords: cauliflower and potato soup, cauliflower soup, cauliflower soup recipe