Are you tired of dry, stringy chicken? Brining your chicken is the solution! This method can be used when you want to roast or smoke chicken. Have fun!
- 2 litres (8 cups) water
- 60ml (4 tbsp) salt
- 60ml (4 tbsp) sugar
- Place the water, salt and sugar in a large pot and heat.
- Stir until everything is dissolved.
- Wait for the liquid to cool down before brining the chicken in it.
- Psssst, on days I’m really lazy I don’t even heat the water and stir the salt and sugar straight in. The results are still fantastic.
- Feel free to experiment with the salt, sugar and water ratios.
- This is the most basic recipe you can find. You can add different ingredients to jazz up the brine’s flavour, such as carrot, onion, celery, pepper and all kinds of herbs.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 46
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 3790 mg
- Carbohydrates: 12.2 g