This slow cooker sweet potato soup is not any sweet potato soup. Due to the slow cooker, it is packed with intense flavours that would even challenge your grandmother’s best soup! The sweet potato soup is a very healthy starter that you can jazz up with any spices. Garnish with cream and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- 1.5kg (3lbs) sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 400ml (1 can) coconut milk
- 2.5cm (1in) fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1ℓ (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 2 green chillies, washed and chopped [optional]
- Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook for 6 hours on the low setting, or 4 hours on high.
- At the end of cooking time, process the soup in batches until everything is silky smooth.
- Serve with your favourite toppings such as fresh chillies, cream, spring onions, etc.
- Made too much? This soup freezes well!
- Category: Starter
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 73 mg
- Fat: 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 80.4 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 6.1 g