- 40g (1½ oz) garlic cloves, peeled
- 80g (3oz) sea salt
- 40g (1½ oz) sweet paprika
- 30g (1 oz) fennel seeds
- 20g (½ oz) dried marjoram
- 120ml (4 fl oz) Dijon mustard
- 40ml (1½ fl oz) vegetable or olive oil
- 200ml (7 oz) orange juice
- 50ml (2 fl oz) honey
- 3kg (6lbs) whole pork belly, skin removed
- 6 onions
- Spring onion
- Add the garlic, salt, paprika, fennel, marjoram, mustard, oil, orange juice and honey in a food processor and blitz until it forms a smooth paste.
- Remove excess fat from the pork belly then wash it and pat it dry.
- Run your fingers all over the meat to make sure there are no bones or other gristle.
- Rub the pork on both sides with the prepared marinade.
- Carefully roll up the pork and tie it.
- Place the rolled pork belly in a preheated oven, 160°C/320°F/gas mark 3, and roast the meat for 3 hours.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes before you start slicing it.
- [Optional] For even more spectacular flavor you can place each slice in a very hot frying pan (no oil needed) and fry each side for 30-40 seconds. The fat on the inside will melt and become crispy.
- Top with semi-caramelised onions, some chopped parsley, spring onion and dill. Enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Greek
- Calories: 69
- Sugar: Sugars
- Sodium: 213 mg
- Fat: 3.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6 g
- Fiber: Dietary Fiber
- Protein: 1.1 g