- 250ml (1 cup) sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 4 bananas, peeled and halved twice
- 8 sheets springroll wrapper (“8.5”)
- 1 jar jackfruit in syrup [optional]
- 2 egg yolks, scrambled
- 250ml (1 cup) double cream
- 250ml (1 cup) dark muscovado sugar
- 4 scoop vanilla ice cream [optional]
- For the sugar stock, bring the sugar and water to a boil.
- Drop the banana into the sugar stock and then remove the pot from the heat.
- Leave the banana in the stock for 10-12 minutes until it softens.
- [optional] Put the jackfruit in a blender and process until it becomes puree.
- Once the banana has cooled down, place on the spring roll wrapper and roll. Repeat until all the pieces have been used.
- Brush with rolls with egg yolk to seal.
- For the toffee sauce, bring the dark muscovado sugar and double cream to a boil. Continue until it thickens and remove from the heat.
- Deep fry banana in spring roll on 180°C (350°F) fryer for 4-5 mins or until golden.
- Cut in half and serve with the jackfruit puree, toffee sauce and ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Deep Fry
- Cuisine: Filipino
- Calories: 822
- Sugar: Sugars
- Sodium: 36 mg
- Fat: 32.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 134.2 g
- Fiber: Dietary Fiber
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg