- 60ml (¼ cup) butter
- 250ml (1 cup) sugar
- 60ml (¼ cup) cocoa
- 60ml (¼ cup) milk
- 500ml (1½ cup) oats
- 125ml (½ cup) dessicated coconut
- 1ml (¼ teaspoon) vanilla essence
- Melt the butter, and then add the sugar, cocoa and milk in a pot.
2. Boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
3. Add the oats, coconut and vanilla to the mixture.
4. Make sure to stir the concoction thoroughly.
5. Drop spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Leave to cool.
- Use a pot with a small surface area because the mixture can dry very quickly. If you’re not quick on your feet and leave it on the stove too long after it has been mixed, you will end up with a granola effect.
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 16.5 g
- Sodium: 28 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.5 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg