An easy recipe that both kids and adults can follow to make a tasty treat. Simply melt the chocolate and add in your ingredients.
- 57g (1/4 cup) butter
- 200g (1 cup) sugar
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla paste
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 120g (1 1/2 cup) oats
- 48g (1/2 cup) dessicated coconut
- Melt the butter, and then add the sugar, vanilla paste, cocoa and milk in a pot.
- Boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add the oats and coconut to the mixture.
- Make sure to stir the concoction thoroughly.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Leave to cool. Enjoy!
- Use a pot with a small surface area because the mixture can dry very quickly. If you’re not quick on your feet and leave it on the stove too long after it has been mixed, you will end up with a granola effect.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. The clusters should be good for about 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: South African
Keywords: chocolate coconut clusters, coconut clusters, dark chocolate coconut clusters, coconut clusters recipe south africa