A fun way to use your extra eggnog, these Eggnog Waffles are easy to make and makes a fabulous holiday breakfast or dessert. Have fun experimenting with different toppings!
- 240g (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 12g (3 tsp) baking powder
- 6g (1 tsp) salt
- 25g (2 tbsp) golden caster sugar
- 2g (½ tsp) cinnamon
- 1g (¼ tsp) nutmeg
- 500 ml (2 cups) eggnog
- 60 ml (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla paste
- 2 eggs, separated
- Turn on your waffle iron and allow it to heat up while preparing your batter.
- Place all your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Create a well in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour in the eggnog, oil, vanilla paste and egg yolks. Whisking in the middle, slowly bring in the dry ingredients from the outside, just as if you were making pasta. Keep whisking until everything is combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff and then gently fold into the batter.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray or brush with melting butter.
- Cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- We served it with vanilla ice cream, raspberries and honey but by all means serve how you wish. Enjoy!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Eggnog Recipes, Waffles, Christmas Waffles, Eggnog Waffles