Mango Sticky Rice is a traditional Thai dessert recipe that is vegan. Thai sticky rice is cooked in coconut milk and served with mango. Try it!
- 250g (½ lb) gluten rice or sticky rice
- 125ml (½ cup) coconut milk
- 90g (3oz) caster sugar
- 20g (⅔ oz) salt
- 2 Thai mangoes, cut into small cubes
- Soak sticky rice overnight.
- Steam the rice for 20 minutes.
- Make coconut milk sauce by boiling the coconut milk, sugar and a pinch of salt together.
- Peel the Mango and roughly chop it into small pieces.
- Mix coconut sauce and sticky rice.
- Layer the dessert by alternating chopped mango and sticky rice. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: mango sticky rice, traditional Thai dessert recipe, vegan Thai dessert, Thai sticky rice