These Mini Egg Cookie Bars are irresistible. This recipe is easy to make, and doesn’t just have to be served at Easter.
- 115g (½ cup) salted butter, melted
- 55g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 135g (⅔ cup) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla paste
- 300g (1¾ cups) plain flour
- 5g (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 320g (4 x 80g packets) mini eggs
- 110g (1 bar) mini egg chocolate, cut into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / fan 170°C / 375°F / gas mark 5.
- Whisk the butter, caster and brown sugar together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda until the cookie dough is smooth.
- Tip in the mini eggs and chocolate. You can keep a few eggs to the side for decoration purposes.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a 9 x 13 in (23 x 30cm) lined baking tin. Be sure to flatten it out evenly. Decorate with mini eggs by pushing them lightly into the dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top of the cookie dough looks solid and dull.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool until barely warm to the touch.
- Tip out the cookie and slice into 12 even portions. Enjoy!
- If you can’t get hold of a Cadbury’s bar of mini egg chocolate, substitute it with milk chocolate chips instead.
- For an easier life, I suggest you use a stand mixer or electric whisk to get the mixing done properly and quickly.
- Store in an airtight container for a maximum of 7 days at room temperature. Trust me, they will disappear long before then!
- Mini eggs are mainly available around Easter time. These cookie bars can be enjoyed throughout the year though so if you can’t get hold of chocolate eggs, feel free to substitute them with another chocolate product of your choice, such as Smarties. It’s best that the product is solid chocolate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: mini egg cookie bars, mini egg recipes uk, mini egg tray bake, cookie bar recipe, easter cookies, mini egg recipe