Peanut butter coconut balls can be eaten for breakfast, dessert or simply as a snack. This protein ball recipe will give you energy with every single bite.
- 250ml (1 cup) oats
- 180ml (¾ cup) unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 125ml (½ cup) smooth peanut butter
- 60ml (¼ cup) pitted Medjool dates, chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) coconut oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- extra unsweetened, shredded coconut, for rolling
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until all ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Divide the mixture evenly and roll the portions into even-sized 5cm (2in) balls.
- Roll the balls in extra shredded coconut to give them an attractive coating making them easier to handle.
- Store for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Use the highest quality peanut butter you possibly. Natural peanut butter works best because of its runny consistency.
- In this recipe, I’ve omitted maple syrup. If you do want to make this snack sweeter, use no more than 45ml (3 tbsp). If the mixture turns out too wet, use more oats until it becomes manageable.
- If the mixture is too dry, add more peanut butter or syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter coconut balls, no bake energy bites, protein ball recipe