Make this easy peppermint crisp tart recipe like they do at home in South Africa.
- 625ml (2½ cups) double cream
- 397g (1 x 14oz can) caramel
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) peppermint essence
- 300g (27) Tennis biscuits
- 4 x 35g (5oz) Peppermint Crisp bars, broken into pieces
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently stir in the caramel and peppermint essence.
- Place a single layer of the biscuits in a large container. The one I used was 25 x 20 x 7cm (10 x 7.5 x 3in).
- Top the biscuits with a layer of the caramel cream, then sprinkle with some of the chocolate.
- Repeat the layers but make sure you end up with the chocolate layer on top. I ended up repeating it 3 times. If you do more, you will need more biscuits!
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 4 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: South African
Keywords: peppermint crisp tart south africa, south african dessert recipe, peppermint tart, peppermint tart for 10, peppermint tart recipe, peppermint crisp fridge tart, caramel peppermint tart, peppermint crisp substitute, peppermint crisp pudding