- 1 (397g) can condensed milk
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 250ml (1 cup) Nutella
- 200g (7oz) 70% dark chocolate
- 100g (3oz) icing sugar
- 120g (4oz) chopped toasted hazelnuts [optional]
- Place all the ingredients, except the sugar, in the slow cooker’s stoneware.
- Select the high temperature setting, set the timer to 30 minutes and let the ingredients start melting.
- Don’t but the lid on and stir the contents every 10 minutes.
- After 30 minutes the alarm will go off. If everything hasn’t dissolved yet, keep stirring for a few more minutes until it has.
- Transfer the content to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sieved icing sugar.
- Scrape the warm fudge into a lined 20x25cm (8x10in) tin and flatten until a smooth, even surface forms.
- [Optional] Sprinkle the fudge with the nuts and press the nuts gently in order for them to stick.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours then cut into squares. Store in the fridge.
- Don’t let the mixture overheat because it will start separating. Alternatively, you can use the low, instead of the high, setting on the slow cooker. It will take longer to melt but less risk is associated with this method.
- If you don’t have a slow cooker you can simply use a large pan and melt all the contents on the stove.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Fat: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.7 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg