This sugar free apple crisp is America’s answer to UK’s diabetic apple crumble. You can indulge in the sweet dessert totally guilt-free.
- 45ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 6 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) flour
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) vanilla extract
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 60ml (¼ cup) Hermesetas Granulated sweetener
- 125ml (½ cup) flour
- 125ml (½ cup) oats
- 125ml (½ cup) sugar
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) baking powder
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 80ml (⅓ cup) butter
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/375°F/gas 5.
- For the filling, melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently fry the apples for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and Hermesetas granulated sweetener and stir until everything is well-mixed.
- Continue to cook the apples for another 5 minutes then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a large bowl then rub the mixture with your fingertips to make a light breadcrumb texture.
- Pour the apple filling in a baking dish then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crisp is golden brown. Enjoy warm with ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 40.8 g
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.9 g
- Fiber: 8.3 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: sugar free apple crisp recipe, diabetic apple crumble, apple desserts uk, apple cobbler uk, sugar free crisp, low calorie apple crisp