Halloween Brownies are a must this Halloween, if you want to go “trick or treating”. These will certainly trick a few guests with the help of Bean Boozled Jelly Beans!
- Place the butter and chocolate in a bowl.
- Fill a small saucepan with some water and then sit the bowl on top so it rests on the rim of the pan, not touching the water. Put over a low heat until the butter and chocolate have melted, stirring occasionally to mix them. Remove the bowl from the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Using a shallow 20cm (8in) square tin, cut out a square of non-stick baking parchment to line the base.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and tip in the sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the contents. After about 5 minutes, the mixture will look thick, creamy and about double its original volume. The amount of time this takes will depends on how powerful your mixer is.
- Gently fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the sweet egg mixture. Be careful not to beat the air out of the batter.
- Gently fold in the flour and cocoa powder and then stir in the white chocolate.
- Pour half of the batter into the tin, then sprinkle evenly with jelly beans.
- Pour the rest of the batter in. Give the tin a shake to even things out and then place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- If the center is still wobbly give it another 5 minutes in the oven.
- Wait for the brownie to completely cooled down before cutting into desired pieces.
- Store in an airtight container, preferably in the fridge. It is freezable too!
- Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave. Zap it for 30 seconds at a time, stir it and zap again. Continue the process until the chocolate is melted.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 51.1 g
- Sodium: 118 mg
- Fat: 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.9 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 61 mg
Keywords: halloween brownies, trick or treat cake, bean boozled jelly bean recipe, halloween brownie ideas, trick or treat desserts