- 4 basa fillets
- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, washed and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 120g (4oz) mangetout or sugar snap peas, washed and trimmed
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 250g (1/2lb) dried egg noodles, cooked
- 60ml (4 tbsp) coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C/180°C fan/320°F/gas 4.
- Wrap the fillets separately in foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and fry the garlic and chilli on a high heat.
- After 1 minute add the carrots, peas and spring onions and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy and honey, then the noodles.
- Stir until everything is evenly coated with sauce.
- After 20 minutes cooking time, the fish should be ready. Remove from the oven.
- Divide the vegetable noodles between the plates and top with a fillet of fish.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, buy The Saucy Fish Co.’s Basa with Asian BBQ Sauce and use the oven bag provided to cook the fish in. When serving the fish, serve with the heated barbecue sauce on top.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 533 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.5 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 23.3 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg