- olive oil, to drizzle
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 90ml (6 tbsp) honey
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fish sauce
- 22.5ml (1½ tbsp) light soy sauce
- juice of 1½ lemons
- 45ml (3 tbsp) rice wine vinegar
- 22.5ml (1½ tbsp) sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 140°C/fan 120°C/285°F/gas mark 1.
- Lightly oil a large baking dish. Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper and arrange in the dish in a single layer. Drizzle over a little olive oil, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze in the meantime. Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl until evenly combined.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and increase the temperature to 180°C/fan 160°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Pour over the glaze and coat each drumstick.
- Return the chicken to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes, turning several times, until the chicken is tender and nicely glazed.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice and purple sprouting broccoli or green beans.
- Drumsticks were used in this recipe to ensure even cooking. You are welcome to use chicken wings, thighs or breasts instead. Take note that you will need a longer cooking time if the pieces are bigger – bake for longer at 140°C/fan 120°C/285°F/gas mark 1 but keep the browning/glazing stage at 20 minutes at 180°C/fan 160°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 21.4 g
- Sodium: 1405 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.2 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 56 mg