- 1kg (2lbs) minced beef
- 10ml (2 tsp) salt
- 10ml (2 tsp) garlic granules
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 250ml (1 cup) BBQ sauce
- 125ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the salt and garlic powder with the mince thoroughly.
- Roll all the meat into 5cm (2in) balls.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil then brown the meatballs in batches.
- Place the meatballs in a single layer in a baking tray.
- In the same pan, pour the BBQ sauce and add the sugar.
- Heat the mixture and let it bubble. Keep on stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and make the meatballs in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve on toothpicks as canapés.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- Alternatively, you can pan fry the meat instead of baking it in the oven.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 26.6 g
- Sodium: 1245 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.3 g