- 5ml (1 tsp) pink peppercorns [optional]
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 100g (3 oz) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) coarse grain mustard
- 2 fillets of beef, weighing 250g (½ lb) each
- butter for cooking
- Soften the butter in a bowl.
- Crush the garlic and peppercorns.
- Mix together the garlic, peppercorns and mustard with the butter.
- Rolls like a fat cigar and place in fridge to set hard.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (fan 200°C/425°F/gas 7).
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper and sear in a really hot pan with melted butter and a little cooking oil.
- When the fillet is brown all round place in the oven for between 5 [rare] to 12 [well done] minutes depending on level of doneness.
- Get your fillet out, rest it properly then serve with a slice of two of flavoured butter on top.
- Serve with chunky fried chips and a crispy, dressed salad on the side.
- Have leftover butter? Freeze the tubes in tin foil. Don’t use cling film!
- Can’t find pink peppercorns? Use jarred green peppercorns stored in brine – remember to drain them first.
- Don’t feel like mustard today? Here are a few ingredients you can add (separately) to butter: sun blush tomato, rosemary, soy sauce.
- If you are on the Weight Watchers diet, have only one tablespoon (15ml) of flavoured butter to stick to the assigned ProPoints.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 1200
- Sodium: 1576 mg
- Fat: 111.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 63.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 45.3 g
- Cholesterol: 405 mg