- 450g (1lb) minced [ground] beef
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 15ml (1 tbsp) finely chopped red chili
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground turmeric
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sweet paprika
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground black pepper
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground coriander
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground cumin
- juice of ½ lemon
- 150g (5 oz) couscous
- 200ml (7 oz) vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 100g (3 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh cilantro
- Place the beef, garlic, onion, chili, spices and lemon juice into a bowl. Use your hands to mix together until well combined. Form into sausage shapes or meatballs, or wrap around skewers.
- Grill, barbecue or pan fry the Kefta, being careful not to overcook (the time required will depend on how thick your sausages or how round the meatballs are).
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour the stock over, cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir in the tomatoes, feta cheese and cilantro.
- Serve the meatballs on top of the prepared couscous.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 363
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1193 mg
- Fat: 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 38.3 g
- Cholesterol: 119 mg