- 400g (1 lb) rump steak, finely sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 2.5ml (½) grated ginger
- 30ml (2 tbsp) peanut oil
- 200g (½ lb) mangetout, topped and tailed
- 7.5ml (1½ tsp) cornflour
- 125ml (½ cup) beef stock
- 5ml (1 tsp) soy sauce
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) sesame oil
- Place meat in a dish. Mix soy and ginger and stir through meat to coat.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a heavy-based frying pan, swirling gently to coat base and side. Add the beef and mangetout and stir fry over a high heat for 2 minutes, or until the meat changes colour.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little of the stock. Add to the wok with the remaining stock, extra soy and sesame oil.
- Stir until sauce boils and thickens. Serve immediately.
- Egg noodles, steamed rice or Egg Fried Rice makes a lovely accompaniment.
- Use sugar snap peas instead of mangetout if you like.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 549 mg
- Fat: 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.4 g
- Protein: 23.3 g