- 6 peppers
- 1 red onion
- 25g (1 oz) butter
- 250ml (8 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 175g (6 oz) quick-cook couscous
- 5ml (1 tsp) olive oil
- 25g (1 oz) raisins
- 25g (1 oz) pine nuts
- 30ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh mint
- 15ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- Make a slit in the side of each pepper and carefully remove the core and seeds.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Melt the butter in a small pan, add the onion and cook until softened.
- Put the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour the stock over, cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork then stir in the oil, onion, raisins, pine nuts, mint and balsamic vinegar. Season generously and stir in the egg yolk to bind the mixture.
- Using a teaspoon, three-quarters fill the peppers with the couscous mixture; do not over-fill as the couscous will swell during baking. Brush the peppers with oil and bake at 200°C (fan 180°C/390°F/gas 6) for 30-35 minutes until tender.
- Serve the stuffed peppers warm or cold.
- Serve the peppers as a side dish with meat or simply enjoy with a tangy dressed salad.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Fat: 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg