Learn how to make brined chicken drumsticks for that juicy and tender chicken. You’ll know how long to brine the chicken and how to make the right brine.
- 1 litres (4 cups) water
- 30ml (2 tbsp) salt
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Place the water, salt and sugar in a large pot and heat.
- Stir until everything is dissolved.
- Wait for the liquid to cool down before brining the chicken in it.
- The quantity of brine needed depends on the quantity of chicken used and the size of the container you store it in. The goal is to have all the wings completely submerged in the brine, preferably overnight. If you don’t have enough brine, simply make another batch.
- Psssst, on days I’m really lazy I don’t even heat the water and stir the salt and sugar straight in. The results are still fantastic.
- Feel free to experiment with the salt, sugar and water ratios.
- This is the most basic recipe you can find. You can add different ingredients to jazz up the brine’s flavour, such as carrot, onion, celery, pepper and all kinds of herbs.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 1969 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Protein: 25.3 g
- Cholesterol: 81 mg