- 250g (½ lb) broad beans, peeled
- 250g (½ lb) bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Boil the beans in salted water for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon over a high heat to release the fat. You might need a splash of oil, depending on whether on the type of bacon you’re using.
- Continue frying the bacon until deeply browned.
- Add the beans to the bacon and fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to cover them in the fat and flavour.
- Here, it was served with a fried egg on top, which made for a fabulous brunch.
- This is the simplest recipe but there are many ways you can jazz it up. E.g. Frying chopped onions and garlic with the mixture, adding some sherry and even a bit of cream! As it is it’s pretty good too!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 475
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 235 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 78.9 g
- Fiber: 18.1 g
- Protein: 27.8 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg