This dish is very nourishing and filling. If you can’t be bothered to make up the sauce, simply use ready made teriyaki available at most supermarkets. Since I prefer my broccoli a bit more cooked, I fry it for a bit longer, but if you prefer yours to have a bit more crunch just reduce the cooking time to one or two minutes.
Broccoli, Mushroom and Cashew Noodle Stirfry
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 15 minutes
Total 30 minutes
Author: Michelle Minnaar
- 350g (12 oz) egg noodles
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into 1cm/½ inch florets
- 500g (1lb 2 oz) mushrooms
- 60ml (4 tbsp) dark soy
- 60ml (4 tbsp) mirin
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- 1 small fresh chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 100g cashews, raw or toasted
- salt and pepper
- Cook the noodles in salted, boiling water, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok until hot. Throw in the broccoli florets and sauté for 5 minutes, adding a drop of water if necessary.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, mirin and sugar, stir briskly, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cashews and noodles. Make sure the noodles are well coated with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12.7g
Saturated Fat 2.4g
Total Carbohydrates 62.2g
Dietary Fiber 3.8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.