- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250g (9 oz) trimmed leeks, sliced
- 250g (9 oz) peeled potatoes, diced
- 1L (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 250g (9 oz) broccoli florets
- 250g (9 oz) peas, frozen or fresh
- salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan; add the onion and leeks and sauté for three minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stock. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and peas, cover, return to the boil and simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside to cool slightly, then purée in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and return to the saucepan and reheat gently until piping hot. Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy.
- In the spirit of this healthy recipe, slices of wholegrain bread complements this dish nicely.
- If you prefer soup to be of a thinner consistency, add a bit more stock in Step 2.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 471 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.2 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 3.4 g