This broccoli with hoisin stir fry is a fabulous vegetarian recipe that includes asparagus and red pepper too for extra vitamins. Served on a bed of couscous it makes the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 500g (1lb 2oz) asparagus
- 500g (1lb 2oz) broccoli
- 240g (½lb) couscous
- 30ml sesame oil (or else olive)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 45ml (3 tbsp) hoisin sauce
- 30ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- dash of Tabasco sauce, optional
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Parboil the asparagus and broccoli (separately) in salted boiling water until just tender, then drain.
- Place the couscous in a large serving bowl, pour over the stock, cover with cling film and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic and peppers. When the peppers have softened a bit, add the asparagus, broccoli, hoisin, soy and Tabasco to the pan. Mix all the vegetables and sauté until it’s done to your preference.
- Remove the cling film from the couscous bowl and fluff using a fork. Serve the vegetables on top of the couscous.
- If you are wheat/gluten intolerant, use rice instead of couscous.
- If necessary, fry the vegetables in batches.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 12.9 g
- Sodium: 965 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 7.8 g
- Protein: 9.8 g
Keywords: broccoli with hoisin sauce, asparagus and broccoli recipe, asparagus and red pepper stir fry, broccoli and asparagus stir fry