- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5cm (1 in) fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 500g (1lb) cooked chickpeas
- 900g (2 lbs) cooked butternut squash
- 150g (5oz) flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- 45ml (3 tbsp) roasted peanuts
- Handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Fry the chilli, garlic and ginger in a large frying pan with 15ml (1 tbsp) oil for 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas, butternut, cumin, coriander, peanuts, leaves and flour to the pan and stir well.
- At this point the mixture shouldn’t be sticky to handle. If it is add a bit more flour until it isn’t anymore.
- Form 10 even-sized balls of the mixture then squeeze them flat in order to form burger patties.
- In a large frying pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the patties in batches until browned on both sides.
- Serve in a burger bun with your favourite fillings. In this case we used spinach, red onion, yogurt and cress. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 109 mg
- Fat: 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.6 g
- Fiber: 11.2 g
- Protein: 13.2 g