One of the things I love about roast chicken is its versatility; so much so that leftovers can be transformed into a totally different meal. Take this salad for example. Cool and refreshing, not to mention easy and quick to make; ideal for a hot summer’s day or for taking to work to gobble up in front of the computer.
If you are looking for a nutrient rich salad, this chicken couscous salad with raisins is perfect for you! You’ll need cherry tomatoes, spinach, raisins.
- 200g (7 oz) couscous
- 60g (2 oz) raisins
- 300ml (10 fl oz) chicken stock
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional)
- 350g (12 oz) roasted chicken breasts, thinly sliced, skin discarded
- 4 handfuls spinach leaves, sliced thinly
- Put the couscous and raisins in a heatproof bowl. Pour the chicken stock over, cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and toss in the tomatoes, spinach and chicken.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, season and serve immediately.
- Dollops of plain yogurt go very well with this salad. (To Weight Watchers dieters: yogurt isn’t inclusive in the POINTS mentioned above.)
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 92 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 27.9 g
- Cholesterol: 72 mg