- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 red chillies, halved, deseeded and chopped
- 15ml (1tbsp) ground coriander
- 15ml (1tbsp) ground cumin
- 225g (½lb) cooked chickpeas
- 750ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
- Fry the onion with the oil in a large saucepan until it’s softened.
- Add the garlic, chillies, coriander and cumin and stir everything around until you smell the spices cooking.
- Add the chickpeas along with the stock.
- Let the soup cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with roasted chickpeas and coriander.
- Non-vegans can add a splash of cream when serving.
- Serve with your favourite bread.
- This soup freezes well.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 550 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3 g
- Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 5.3 g