For once try to be adventurous with your toppings and enjoy this smorgasbord of Italian cheeses all on one pizza.
Everyone seems to have their own favourite version of pizza dough that they prepare themselves or simply buy ready-made at the shop. If you don’t have your own recipe and are feeling rather daring you can try making your own dough. I kept this recipe simple but don’t be afraid to mess with the ratios of the cheeses!
Four Cheese Pizza A.K.A. Quattro Formaggi
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Total 15 minutes
Author: Michelle Minnaar
- 4 portions of pizza base dough
- flour, to dust
- 50g (2 oz) drained sundried tomatoes in oil, sliced
- 125g (4 oz) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 125g (4 oz) dolcelatte cheese, diced
- 125g (4 oz) mascarpone or ricotta
- 50g (2 oz) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (fan 210°C/446°F/gas 8).
- On a well floured surface, roll out each piece of dough to a thin 18cm (7 inch) round.
- Top with the sun-dried tomatoes and cheeses, then sprinkle with the oregano and seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until bubbling and golden. Serve at once.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 24.6g
Saturated Fat 14.5g
Total Carbohydrates 17.7g
Dietary Fiber 1.5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.