- salad leaves, washed
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- spring (salad) onions, washed and thinly sliced
- 22.5ml (1½ tbsp) rice vinegar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) rice wine or sherry
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sugar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
- 10ml (2 tsp) corn flour/starch
- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed and thinly sliced
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- First arrange the salad leaves, tomatoes and onions on two plates.
- In a small bowl combine the vinegar, wine, sugar, soy sauce and corn starch. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and brown on all sides. Add the sauce mixture to the wok and cook stirring until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked.
- Divide the chicken evenly between the two salad plates and drizzle the sauce on top. Serve immediately.
- If you don’t fancy a salad but just want the chicken, prepare egg noodles and don’t forget to butter them. Serve the chicken on top and drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle spring (salad) onions on top.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 21.8 g
- Sodium: 1778 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.2 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 37.5 g
- Cholesterol: 85 mg