- 250g (½ lb) chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 90g (3oz) eggplant, cut into quarters
- 30g (1oz) mangetout
- 30ml (2 tbsp) corn oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) green curry paste
- 5ml (1 tsp) white sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 400ml (1 tin) coconut cream (chaokoh)
- 30g (1 oz) Thai basil leaves (picked off stalk)
- 125ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a wok until very hot and add the pieces of chicken. Allow the chicken to colour slightly and then move around the wok until evenly coloured.
- Turn the flame down and add the curry paste mixing and coating the chicken well. Do not cook over a high heat at this stage or you will burn the curry paste.
- Add the aubergines and coconut cream and torn lime leaves bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the aubergines are nearly cooked
- Add fish sauce, sugar and stock. Adjust the flavour with more fish sauce if necessary.
- Add the Thai basil leaves at the last minute.
- Serve into bowls accompanied with the jasmine rice.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 515
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 1218 mg
- Fat: 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 23.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 16.9 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg