- 1x 8 bone rack of lamb OR
- 2x 4 bone rack of lamb OR
- 2x small chump, approximately 200g (7 oz) each
- salt and pepper
- cooking or olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- Preheat the oven to 240°C (fan 220°C/465°F/gas 7).
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- In a pan melt a knob of butter and splash of cooking oil.
- Seal the lamb on both sides until nicely brown.
- (If using a rack of lamb it is now important to put foil on the bones to prevent them from burning in the oven.)
- Place the lamb in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes, which will cook the meat to medium.
- Remove the lamb and allow to rest for a good 5 minutes.
- Brush the skin on the lamb with honey and serve.
Serve with buttered new potatoes, sweet carrots and creamed spinach.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 284
- Sodium: 141 mg
- Fat: 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.9 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg