Isso Baduma is a Sri Lanka street food recipe that comprises devilled prawns. Using fresh vegetables and shrimp, this quick dinner is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 10ml (2 tsp) vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters
- 1 green pepper, cut into squares
- 1 red pepper, cut into squares
- 400g (14oz) raw prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 30ml (2 tbsp) tomato sauce/ketchup
- 15ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried red chilli flakes
- 10ml (2 tsp) sesame oil
- Put the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a very high heat and immediately add the onion.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds then add the peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Tip in the prawns and stir-fry for just over a minute, then add the rest of the ingredients and stir-fry for another minute.
- Serve immediately with naan or basmati rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Sri Lankan
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 799 mg
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.4 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 24.9 g
- Cholesterol: 211 mg
Keywords: isso dewal, devilled prawns, isso baduma, sri lankan recipes