- 700g (1½ lb) new potatoes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- salt and pepper
- 400g (1 lb) courgettes, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 30ml (2 tbsp) freshly chopped tarragon
- Wash the potatoes and cut them in 1cm (½ inch) slices. Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onion gently for about 10 minutes or until it is soft, golden and sweet.
- Add the courgettes, then cover and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and tarragon together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and return to the heat.
- At this stage if you have a lid for the pan you can cover it and simply let it cook through, which can take anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes. If not, cook very gently for 5-8 minutes until golden underneath and almost set through.
- Place the pan under a pre-heated grill for 5 minutes or until browned. If you do not have a grill, carefully slide the omelette out onto a large plate, hold the frying pan over the top, then flip the omelette back into the pan and the other side for 5 minutes or so until browned. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serve with a crispy mixed leaf salad with spicy mustard vinaigrette.
- If you’re not a fan of Tarragon, simply leave it out.
- If you don’t want to boil the potatoes first you can slice them thinly and add them to raw onion and fry them slowly. More oil or butter will be needed though. When the potatoes and onions are tender and then simply add the eggs. In total the cooking time will be longer.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 22 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1.7 g