- 4 chicken legs, skinned if you prefer
- 120ml (8 tbsp) tomato ketchup
- 30ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) mild mustard
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (fan 200°C/425°F/gas 7).
- Make 2-3 deep cuts in each piece of chicken using a sharp knife. This allows the sauce to penetrate and flavour the chicken well.
- In a large bowl, mix the ketchup, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and oil. Add the chicken and stir until well coated with the sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Give the remaining pan sauces a stir and drizzle over the chicken.
- Baked potatoes, boiled new potatoes or chips/fries with a crispy green salad.
- You can bake the chicken for a longer time; say 180°C (fan 160°C/350°F/gas 4). Just check that it’s cooked!
- The better quality ketchup you use, the greater the taste.
- If you like lots of sauce to dip your chips in, double up on the ingredients.
- After scrubbing the roasting tin for what felt like eternity I started using a silicone one and it works a treat.
- If you own a barbecue, you can grill the chicken on it and baste it with the sauce above.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 375
- Sugar: 15.5 g
- Sodium: 539 mg
- Fat: 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.2 g
- Protein: 30.3 g
- Cholesterol: 105 mg